Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Good Day at the Dietitian's Office

Today I went to see a Dietitian who apparently was told that I have PCOS conclusively by my doctor at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. That was a surprise to me. I didn't realize this was a conclusive diagnosis.

Most of the information the dietitian told me was knowledge I already had. However, I still think working with her over the next six months is really going to help me lose the twenty pounds. I am going to be inputing my food that I eat into a computer program, and she is going to be giving me feedback each week. She suggested food that will help with migraines and arthritis as well as PCOS. Quinoa was top on the list. She also strongly encouraged me to go to Trader Joes. Cheaper organic food is sold there. I was also told I ought to swap out popcorn and instead eat hummus. I am allowed to have 45-60 grams of carbs at each meal.

I don't know how much diet interests people.

I think being able to do something to make myself healthier is making me feel better about the whole infertility issue. I feel less helpless than I did yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment