Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Husband's Desire to Adopt a Two Year Old

Last Friday night, my husband and I are out to dinner at the Keg. I foolishly decide to ask my husband, in his perfect world, what age of child would he like to adopt? After pausing and giving it some thought, he answers, "I want a two year old." He then proceeds to explain his feelings about babies, and how he feels he would bond better with a toddler. He listed the main reasons that anyone lists about the inconveniences of babies, lack of sleep, the inability to communicate with them, the 24-7 neediness they have, etc. My friend has explained to me the biological reasons for why my husband wants a two year old.

This doesn't change the deep seeded desire inside of me, that really wants a baby, and wants to pick out cribs, and baby clothes, and feed the baby, and bathe the baby, and I could go on. I don't think I can just turn this desire off. I am not sure how my husband is going to respond, when I tell him this. I think he knows there is a good chance this is going to be my response.

If my husband gets the promotion, he just interviewed for, we are going to start the adoption process while engaging in round two of fertility treatment in six months. I want a baby or child by the time I graduate from my masters in education program, or I want to be close to having one.

2 comments:

  1. Let him borrow my 2-year-old and see if his opinion changes. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good information you guys. I like your information provided here. And waiting for your next updates.

    Treadmill India

    ReplyDelete