Saturday, January 29, 2011

Trying to create a healthy vessel for a baby

I will be able to do well for a while, but then I will face a day where my world seems to be crumbling, and all I want to do is eat chips and bean dip. And, then perhaps later eat hamburgers with friends after going to a wine.

For those of you paying attention to my blog, you know I am trying to lose between twenty and thirty pounds over the next six months. I have gone back on birth control, because I am taking Enbrel for my arthritis. It is a good drug. It has allowed me to move down on my prednisone.

I am going to try to do some research on healthy foods for conception. Here are some suggestions that I have read so far:

  • Citrus fruit - they have a high vitamin C content which has been shown to improve fertility levels
  • Sunflower seeds and nuts for the zinc content
  • Brown rice, oat, pulses and green vegetables for B vitamins. Vitamin B6 is particularly important as it helps to metabolise hormones like estrogen, which could assist you in getting pregnant. B6 is also good for pregnant women as it breaks down hormones that cause morning sickness, so having plenty of vitamin B6 in the diet can prevent or lessen morning sickness
  • Oily fish for omega 3, or if you are a vegetarian, linseed or flaxseeds on your breakfast cereal
  • Drink plenty of water and herb or fruit teas instead of coffee
http://bastyrcenter.org/content/view/595/

Bastyr University which is the naturopathic university in the Seattle area has done studies on how zinc improves fertility. The one question I have is how important is it to take coffee out of your diet? I love coffee and am probably addicted....

1 comment:

  1. This is a superb information and you have described everything very clearly and really i got a lot from this article, Thanks for spreading this information here.Treadmill India

    ReplyDelete